Mar 6, 2007

oobi

Oobi, Uma, Kako, and Grampu - the show's characters.
One of my son's favorite shows is called "oobi." It features hands with eyes. Wikipedia calls it "bare-handed puppetry." It's interesting. It supposedly teaches mathematics, early literacy, and logic thinking. The show doesn't conjugate verbs. I often don't conjugate verbs with my son. I don't know why I don't do this. Sometimes I think I'm doing something bad that'll cripple his development. But now, with a kids show on Noggin, I have a little validation. Maybe I shouldn't be conjugating verbs after all. Or maybe I should, because Joey is starting conjugate verbs. I don't know, it's all so confusing!!

I think I need a bare-handed puppetry show called "doofus" where they teach me to stop worrying about such inane things.

Today marks one week on my diet, which has evolved into no grains (except corn, and when my stomach was upset, rice), meat (except fish), and dairy. The original purpose of it, to feel energetic and motivated, is done. The skiing was great yesterday.. so now I have four months of aggressive weight loss. Can't wait til I break 300 lbs.. haven't been under 3 since high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment