Feb 12, 2010

Tough Mudder and its brilliant copywriter

UPDATE: I've summarized the whole Tough Mudder debacle in another blog post. Please click here to see it. Comments on this particular post have been disabled; you're free to express your thoughts on the summary post.


Sorry for the lateness of this post. I was preoccupied with a family affair for the last two days.

A friend sent me a link to this race, and I'm really interested - I might want to run it, even though the race director (or whoever does is marketing) is a little misguided. That's the nicest way I can possibly put it, because I really don't want to be nice about this:

Marathon running is simply bad for you – FACT. The human body is not designed to run 26 miles straight over hard ground. Unless you are an Olympic athlete, road racing is a guaranteed way to say goodbye to your knees before you hit 40.
Seriously, who the hell writes this kind of crap?

(I'd still like to do the race.)


UPDATE: I've summarized the whole Tough Mudder debacle in another blog post. Please click here to see it. Comments on this particular post have been disabled; you're free to express your thoughts on the summary post.