Jun 10, 2010

New schedule, race preview

Second Base
I have found the three-updates-per-week thing to be difficult to maintain. Many weeks, I'm overwhelmed with stuff to write about, but more often than not, I have to look pretty hard to find something.

My race schedule is also getting lighter as we expect money to pay for travel and entry fees to dry up a bit - that gives me even less to write about.

So, starting today, I'm going to a 2-updates-per-week schedule. You can come to tursi.com at 10am EDT/EST on Mondays and Thursdays to get the updated blog post. Or, you can wait for facebook to pick it up, where it is displayed on my wall as a "note". Facebook does this on its own schedule, and has taken anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days after publication to poll my site for updates. (Kind of frustrating, actually.) Google Reader (which is how I get all the blogs I read) picks it up immediately after publication.


Enough of the Meta-content.


Race Preview - REACH 5K, Sunday June 13



I ran this race last year. It had an unexpected hill. My time was 29:40. I'll probably struggle to run a similar time this year, because of my mysterious slow-down in race times. I know I'm capable of running it in about 26:30, but.. not in the last few months.

B-goal: 29:40
A-goal: 29:10 (which would be a PR)
Dream Goal: sub-28.

The race is 5 minutes from my house.

I plan to do a 12-mile run on Saturday..

It has a big hill.

I'm pretty well trained for hills right now.


All these factors will influence my time..

New entries for Steve's blog are published on Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00am NY time

No comments:

Post a Comment