Jan 14, 2014

2014 week 2

Continuing my random thoughts about my runs and anything else that comes to mind. Again, not promising to do this every day or every week. Again, I am promising to post a photo of everything I eat here: http://instagram.com/stevetursi

Jan 8
At lunch I headed over to my gym which has a regular run group. Since it was cold, the leader opted to stay inside and do an interval workout on the treadmill. After a ten-minute warmup, we did 1 minute on, 1 minute off, 2 on 2 off, 3 on 3 off, 2 on 2 off, 1 on 1 off. Then a cool down. By the time I was done I completed 5 miles in under 42 minutes, with speeds up to 9.2 MPH! On that last 1 on 1 off, I pushed myself to nausea for the first time in forever. And I was able to recover from all my intervals at 7MPH - my fastest recovery speed ever. This was a great, great workout for me.

Jan 9
Great lunchtime run with coworker Dan in 25ยบ temps. Surprised myself by running 8:18 the first mile. Had to walk a trail portion because it was icy.

Jan 10
Looks like the snow this morning caught "the powers that be" by surprise, since nothing was salted and the roads were a slushy mess on top of ice we knew was there yesterday. So the treadmill it was, and since I have reached my mental quota of 30+ minute treadmill runs this month, I did just 5K - but I did it in 24:25 (PR.) It's not road so it doesn't count, but it's still encouraging.

Jan 11
12 hilly icy foggy miles at Rockefeller with Tony (who I haven't run with in forever) and Georgia (who I met today.) It was really nice to run there with them again.

Jan 12
NJ Trail Series Winter Half Marathon #3! Two years ago I did this race and DFL'd. Today I was about eighth from last. Moving up!! Here's my report.. Sunday afternoon bowling league with Joey where I shot 175-201-159 for a 535 series.

Jan 13
Did a 1-hour group exercise strength training class with my wifey!! But before that, I had a "fake zero" rest day - 1 mile on the treadmill. At sub-8 minute pace.

Jan 14
Run # 1 - Misty rainy foggy cool temps easy pace lunchtime run with Ami and Dan. Very nice to run with Ami again. Run # 2 - Misty rainy foggy cool temps aggressive pace evening run with Aurora from lifetime. Hit more of the more difficult hills on this run. Good stuff.

49+ miles this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment