Apr 4, 2014

2014 Week 13

Random thoughts about my runs and anything else that comes to mind.

So there are two major things going on in my life right now, and running is taking a back-seat to that. I expect my weeks to be mostly fake-zeros with a weekend long run until things settle down.

 Here's photos of everything I eat: http://instagram.com/stevetursi

Weight loss contest update (I am in two weight-loss contests right now.)
Update to come next week. (:

Daily log..

Wednesday March 26
Another 1000-calorie run. I was actually short on time, and wasn't thinking when I entered 1000 calories. I really only had time for 500 calories worth of running, a mistake that became apparent in the first couple of minutes. Oops. Still, I didn't change the setting. I assumed I'd just stop early - but never did. In fact I kept speeding up until I was going almost 8MPH at the end. Turned out to be an awesome 4.89 miles for me - in 40:44. Average page: 8:20 per mile.

Thursday March 27
Lunchtime run with Ami. 5.4 miles in 50:39, 9:23 per mile. This run was notable because every single mile was run under 10 minutes per mile - including the mile that ascends Anne Terrace to Leach Rd. I don't think I've ever run that mile under 11. This time we ran it in 9:45.

Friday March 28
Lunchtime run (work from home day) at Ramapo Reservation. Really only had time for a lap around the lake - which is 1.2 mile fake zero. 1.2 miles in 10:57, 9:08.

Saturday March 29
My tri club normally meets on Sunday morning at Market Basket - but this weekend we had a 21-miler scheduled, so I called a couple of tri club friends who are planning a 10-day stage run to Boston ahead of the marathon there and got together with them and Ami. We ran all around Franklin Lakes, Oakland, and Wyckoff. It was a fantastic morning where we did 21.87 hilly miles in 4:19:04, 11:51. That includes stops. We ran just about every step, too.
Saturday Long Run
Sunday March 30
Lonergan Loop (1.59 miles in 15:41, 9:45) at 10am just as an easy run.

Monday March 31
After a 1-mile warmup, I once again did the 5K track workout around joey's lacrosse practice. This time, which was after having a scoop of superstarch, I ran 5K in 24:26 - 7:49 per mile (PR). This is 23 seconds faster than last week's PR effort.

Tuesday April 1
Tuesday afternoon social run with the lifetime group. Now that the weather is getting nice the groups are getting larger - which is a ton of fun. 3.69 hilly miles in 34:39, 9:24. We did a couple of 100-meter strides afterwards - where my pace in one of them, according to my watch, was 4:11 per mile. If only I could keep that up longer than 100 meters!

Lifetime Tuesday Social Run group

No comments:

Post a Comment