Jul 8, 2005

Interesting point

Ernie Stewart, of Ernie's House of Whoopass, made an interesting point in his weblog today.

Now I'm as open minded as the next guy, but I'm going to publicly confess something here. And while I know it's going to be politically incorrect to say, I also know that deep down when the lights are off and you're sure nobody is looking... most of you have come to feel the same way I do. And I've tried very hard not to feel this way because I know two Arab Muslims and they're both really great people; honestly some of the nicest you'll ever meet. But it's got to be said.

I think Islam is an evil religion.

What? How dare I cast such a broad stroke? Well, I'll tell you.

A few short months ago, there were accusations made against American soldiers at Guantanamo Bay. Sources claimed they pissed on the Koran, flushed it down the toilet, and the like. Now at just these accusations the Muslim world went fucking bonkers. There were violent protests, embassies being sacked, Bush effigies being burned, non-Muslims people being shot... all sorts of crazy shit. People with crazed look in their eyes shouting, "Death to America!" into any camera pointed in their direction. Many Arab leaders called for those American soldiers accused of desecrating the Koran to be turned over to Islamic states for trial. And by the way, the penalty for defiling the Koran? Death. That's some pretty scary shit. There were formal inquiries, and scathing news articles, and public apologies -- again all this was for just the accusation of misbehavior on our part.

So here we are a few months later and the British are picking through the rubble in London -- like we did in New York City. Like we did in Washington DC. Like the Australians did in Bali. Like the Spanish did in Madrid. Like many Iraqis civilians do every fucking day. And each time the attackers were crazy fucking nut jobs who proudly announce their attacks are done in the name is Islam.

So I ask you -- where the fuck are the Muslim protest now? I mean sure, you have Arab heads of state issuing a public statement, "Oh we condemn the attacks," but that's a pretty fucking anemic response when compared to the anti-US protests or the response to the Koran news, don't you think? Why aren't they burning effigies of Bin Laden or Zarqawi? Why aren't they marching in protest and pointing into news cameras screaming, "No, no, baby! These people do NOT act on our behalf! This ain't what Islam is about baby, we're good peeps! We say live and let live!" Why aren't all these crazy fucking one eyed clerics preaching these people need to be brought to justice instead of spreading more anti-west hated? Why aren't the heads of Muslim schools and mosques doing more to rally public support AGAINST these kinds of attacks? Instead the only protests we hear from the Muslim world are to complain about racial profiling when someone is searched before getting on a plane.

I guess what it boils down to is, why the fuck is pissing on the Koran the cause for such outcry, but the killing of innocent people in the name of their religion perfectly acceptable? If their religion really is about peace, why don't they start showing it? What the fuck?

Now I've tried to keep an open mind about this, but I'm about out of ideas as to why their isn't more of a response from the Muslim world? The only fucking reason I can think as to why they don't protest against it, is they condone it. Please somebody... anybody... tell me I'm wrong.


Read it for yourself at ehowa.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment