Jul 24, 2006

7 miles - a mental workout

So, like I said in my previous post, because I wasn't able to run all week, I had to try to pack 15 miles into the weekend. The 8 miles on saturday was reasonably tough but easier than I thought it would be. The 7 miles on Sunday, with just a day to recover, was a lot harder than I thought it would be. The first 3 or 4 miles were ok, but the last 3 miles were about as hard as any three miles I've ever run. I was able to do it without walking, but for that period of time every joint in my body was asking me to stop, saying, "Just think how good it's going to feel to walk a few hundred yards.." I didn't give in and pushed through.

Apparently, this is what Bob Glover was talking about when he said long runs teach you to be patient.

Took me 93 minutes.. it was one lap of rockland lake with my 4 mile variation, and one normal lap clockwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment