Joey didn't do bad this Christmas
I didn't post the whole time I was in CA. Now that I'm back, you can expect this to be updated more frequently again.
- A month is way too friggin long to spend in California. Thank god I'm back.
- Rock Band and Guitar Hero should be called Crack Band (or, as so elegantly put in South Park, Guitar Addict is to be replaced by Heroin Addict. "You'll never catch the dragon, dad.")
- Carne Asada Burritos from Albertos are just a deliciously filthy as ever. The hard chunks of gristle in the meat are especially satisfying at 2 in the morning.
- The Tram road in Palm Springs - gain about a half-mile in elevation, in 3.7 miles. My goal was to do it in under and hour, pushed really hard and pulled off 58 minutes.
- Single Malt Scotch, Cigars, and Poker with my old california friends, especially chad, the most pious Christian I've ever met.
- Skiing mammoth and annihilating my bases, as snowcover was relatively thin by mammoth standards. They got a huge storm two days after I left. Skied with the guy who taught me how to ski, at the place I was taught to ski - only now, I could hang with him on the steep stuff.
- Ran all the way to the water tower on Mount Arlington, the giagntic pile of dirt next to my parent's house.
- Gained about 25 lbs. half is water weight. there's no way to sugarcoat this. 25 lbs in a month is pretty hard core. There will be more thoughts on this in my next post, but suffice it to say that I'm not sure it wasn't worth it. Stay tuned.
- Working in California but staying on New York time - from 6am to 2pm, rather than 9-5, was nice. I had so much time after work that I felt like I was not working.