Aug 3, 2005

Look into my eyes, you see that they are googly

So apparently, they've got a new playlist over at Coyote Radio, the college station where my brother has a weekly radio show. This new playlist has all sorts of new songs my brother can play - which include songs you'll actually want to listen to (the old playlist was pretty bad.) In the summertime, my brother's is the only live show on Coyote Radio, and the rest of the time it plays automated programming, where it apparently selects songs at random and plays them over the air. I record his shows whenever they are on, and if I'm going to miss the beginning of the show (which is usually the case), I'll go ahead and set it to record before the show starts, which means I record some automated programming as well.

It seems that along with the cool stuff on his new playlist, there is some bizarre stuff as well. Listen to this: The Cookie Monster Song, or, if you can't listen to it, I've found the lyrics:


I came into this world as a Muppet, look into these eyes you see that they are googly
Big bird in his nest and Oscar in his can
Ernie is a guy that lives with another man, hey
Kermit's on the scene,
You know it ain't easy being green but

I did it all for the cookie, mmm, the cookie, mmm, the cookie, mmm
And me can take that cookie and stick it in my yum
Stick in my yum, stick it in my yum

Why did you take so long?
Why did you wait so long?
To gimme cookie, hmmm?
Me got some cookie in my fur it is blue makes me purr
Me so hungry
Does Elmo have me cookie?
Does Grover have me cookie?
Who has got me cookie?
Me just a sucker with chocolate chip in my throat
Made a Mistake, I should give them a break
My heart with ache eat a cookie

I did it all for the cookie, mmm, the cookie, mmm, the cookie, mmm
And me can take that cookie and stick it in my yum
Stick in my yum, stick it in my yum


Yeah.. like I said, Bizarre..
They play this along with CCR, Zeppelin, and Billy Joel.

2 comments:

  1. Where is this song I need it! Used to listen to it back in the day, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post was written in 2005, I haven't listened to that song probably since then, and have completely forgotten about it. yet, I still have it here in mothballs. you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlvupkx5ubfn0k2/cookiemonster.mp3?dl=0

    ReplyDelete