May 9, 2006

suffern is cool..

So my wife's hair salon is in downtown suffern, a block from where we live and attached to a 100-year old movie theatre. Driving by it yesterday, we noticed something strange.. The sign trhat normally says "salon atelier" was being covered with a crudely-painted "hardware store" sign. It didn't make sense.. Alex wondered if it was a goof.. I didn't think much of it.

Well, today I walked out to catch a train and a bus which normally runs on main street was cruising down my block. There seemed to be a lot more traffic. It was a minute before I saw the detour signs.. They had closed main street for some reason. I didn't have much time, but curiosity got the best of me and I went to see what was going on. Lo and behold, a bunch of 50s era cars were parked out there! Naturally, I think "neat, a car show..", until I noticed that the marquee on the old theatre (attached to the hair salon turned hardware store) said "rebel without a cause."

So they're filming a movie, a block from my house!

I wish I had my camera.. I almost blew off my train to go inside and get it so I could take a few pictures.. For better or for worse, however, good sense prevailed and I went to work.

So that's where I am right now.. Sitting on a train, somewhere in north jersey, punching the keys on my pda..

No comments:

Post a Comment