It's probably not fair to the Warrior Dash people that all of the drama over Tough Mudder (and yes, there has been more since my last post) has lessened my motivation to run any of these races. However, I will do my best to put that aside tomorrow. After all, the race organizers promise "The craziest frickin' day of my life" and I wouldn't want to keep them from accomplishing that, would I?
So, here's how the craziest frickin' day of my life will play out. In the 3.08 "hellish" miles, I will:
- Hustle up and over giant straw bales
- Clamber over rusted wreckage in a junk yard
- Climb over a wooden wall
- Crawl through a pipe, called "Tunnels of Terror"
- Traverse a Gully on Wooden Planks
- Run through a ravine filled with tumbleweeds
- Trudge through waist-deep water and over logs
- Speed-step through hundreds of tires
- Climb over cargo nets
- Run through fire
- Crawl through mud underneath barbed wire
|Tunnels of terror.|
The battle is on! Your moment of glory awaits. Below you will find the need-to-know Warrior knowledge to ensure "the craziest frickin' day of your life!"
So even if it's not the craziest day of my life, I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun. And if I don't have a lot of fun, at least I'll have a sweet piece of schwag to take home with me:
New entries for Steve's blog are published every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00am NY time