May 3, 2010

Garmin Connect

When Garmin Connect first took over for Motionbased, I was disappointed that they disabled the latter before implementing important-to-me features in the former - especially elevation correction. So I stopped using it.

Got myself an early birthday present this month, a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. Its seamless integration with Garmin Connect had me give it another try. It's been over a year since I stopped using it.

My wrist, modeling the new gadget after a short run

To my pleasure, it has been greatly improved. And, since dailymile has also added some integration with Garmin Connect, it seems like a win-win for me.

So check this action out. There's a little program that sits on my computer. Whenever I bring my new little gadget within about ten feet of the computer, that little program wakes up and automatically transfers my workouts to Garmin Connect. I can then log in and write whatever I want about the workout, and then go to dailymile, push a button, and the workout is imported. Cool, eh?
Embeddable Garmin Connect log of that short run. Click "view details" to see accurate elevation data!
(If you can't see the embedded log above, please click here.)

New entries for Steve's blog are published every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00am NY time

No comments:

Post a Comment