Sep 24, 2010

Warrior Dash - NY vs. CA

This, by the way, is the 500th post in the history of this blog.

When I ran Warrior Dash this past april in California, I described it as "a 5K with a few obstacles." I wasn't terribly impressed with the difficulty. In the race feedback, I commented on this, and added that they made the race sounded a lot more difficult than it actually was. They must have listened.

This past weekend, in New York, a couple of friends ran the New York version. I wasn't there, I can tell from their descriptions that it was dramatically different. See below the photos of my friend Cathy, and tell me if you agree:

The fire

New York:




California:


Coming out of the Mud Pit

New York:


California:


The Aftermath

New York:


California:

"ooh, mud on my arm..."

Early this summer, when my friends were considering registering for the race, I told them that while it will be fun, don't expect the "craziest fricken day of your life." I didn't go out of my way to encourage them to do it. In retrospect, I'm thrilled that they went despite my review of it being less-than-stellar, because I would not have otherwise known how much they improved it. Because of their report, they plan to do it again next year, and I look forward to joining them.

No comments:

Post a Comment