Jan 22, 2005

snowstorm!

got a nice note yesterday:

Hi Steven,

This is Gene & Lillian Elliott, caretakers for the HP of MD. We have truly enjoyed reading your visit to this highpoint and the pictures that were posted to look at. What an incredible day you had with the rain and it looked like you had a wonderful time as you said inspite of it all. It has about 16 inches of snow now. We will be out tomorrow after another snowfall hopefully to check our certificates and all and see the cairn. Keep on having fun... tell your friend hello from us.


People sometimes give me funny looks when I tell them about this sill goal to get to the highest point in all 50 states. I can deal with funny looks.. others who share my goal are some of the friendliest people out there.

And just in case you haven't been keeping up, I'm now up to 17 highpoints! I should have 18. Damn Georgia took too much time.. project status here: http://www.turzman.com/projects/highpoints

I woke up this morning, opened the shades, and saw the beginnings of a bright orange sunrise. The sun was just below the horizon, and it was such a stunning sight. 5 minute later, the brilliant contrasts of orange had turned to flat gray - cuz starting in a couple of hours here, we're going to get our first true snowstorm of the winter! they're talkign about a foot or so of snow.. should be sweet. Only problem is that my gear is up at Killington, so I won't get to ski in it. No worries, I'm just glad the 60ยบ days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment