Jan 6, 2010

Umstead 100-miler Countdown

Holy crap!!


(if you can't see a countdown, then it's about 79 days until Umstead as of Jan 6th)

I've got some work to do. Once again, I have disregarded my eating during the Christmas season and ended up fat again. Oddly enough, people are telling me that I look thinner, but the scale doesn't lie.

I hate to say it, but the reality is that I've blown off the last three months of preparation and weight at least as much as I did when I registered for this thing. Rocky Raccoon proved to me that a 300lb guy can get away with doing 50Ks and even 50Milers but 100 miles is a completely different story and if I have any hope of finishing then I've got to focus hard during the time I have left. It's not too late - I can make a huge difference with 3 months. But I can't be procrastinating anymore either.

Watch this blog for updates.

New entries for Steve's blog are published every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00am NY time and can be seen at http://www.tursi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment